We all have succumbed to some kind of migraine in the past, whether it’s severe or mild, it can really mess up your day, so we welcome this natural cure and hope it brings you as much relief as it did for us!
So let’s get straight to it, the treatment to get that relief and stop a migraine is completely natural, what could be better!
What is a Migraine exactly?
A migraine is a usually chronic neurological disease characterized by recurrent, moderate to severe headaches, often in association with a number of autonomic nervous system symptoms.
Typically the headache itself tends to affect one half of the head and feels like a pulsating or drilling pain sensation, it can last from 2 to 72 hours in total.
Associated symptoms may also include nausea, especially in more severe cases, also vomiting and sensitivity to light, sound or smell.
Preparations to help you vanquish that migraine:
Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) tea 
- Take 1 tablespoon dry, chopped, lemon balm
- Pour in 120 milliliters water
- Leave it to brew for 10 minutes, then filter the tea out.
- Drink all of the prepared brew during the day, a sip at a time.
Lavender (Lavandula officinalis) tea 
- Take 2 tablespoons dry, chopped, lavender flowers
- Pour in 500 milliliters boiled water
- Leave it to brew for 15-20 minutes in a closed jar
- Filter the tea, and drink 120 milliliters, 2-3 times a day.
Basil (Ocimum basilicum) tea 
Contributes to a better general condition of the body, soothes headaches, insomnia, and nausea.
- Take 1 tablespoon basil
- Pour in 150 milliliters water
- Leave it to brew in a closed jar for 2 hours
- Filter the tea after 2 hours and use some honey to sweeten a little.
Laurel (Laurus nobilis) migraine relief tea 
- Take 5 laurel leafs
- Boil them for 5 minutes in 1-liter of water
- Leave it to brew for an additional 15 minutes
- Filter the tea and drink 1 cup before main meals, 3 times a day
Don’t forget to check other articles for other useful healthy remedies that will improve your day and your health. Please also share this article it really helps us keep doing what we do here!
References / Sources
- “What Exactly is Migraine”. Retrieved 2019-09-21.
- “Lemon Balm/Melissa – Melissa officinalis”. Retrieved 2019-09-21.
- Sasannejad P, Saeedi M, Shoeibi A, et al. Lavender essential oil in the treatment of migraine headache: a placebo-controlled clinical trial. European Journal of Neurology. 2012;67(5):288–291.
- “Headache? Try Basil”. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- “Bay Laurel Medicinal Uses and Benefits”. Retrieved 2019-09-20.